Cabin Case Study
End customer has requested a cabin that the operator can either exit via a side sliding door or a front opening door. Sideloader will be operating in narrow aisle widths meaning a standard cabin poses a H&S Concern as the user may become trapped!
The OEM is a specialist forklift & straddle carrier manufacturer producing a wide range of customised handling solutions, all of which are designed for the safe, space saving and very productive handling of long and bulky loads.
Cabins are denoted as a Class A safety critical component. As such the design and manufacturing of cabins is a complex and in-depth process. The challenge here was to design and manufacture a cabin which was certifiably safe (Rops & Fops approved) , functional, modern in appearance and within budget.
The methodological approach for this project was broken into the following phases
- Review of customer brief and discuss obvious issues with the OEM’s technical staff to gain mutual agreement of the parameters of the project
- Develop a 3D model on the latest version of Solidworks that the OEM could then take and conceptualise on their machine using their 3D package
- Agree the Prototype design
- Prototype manufactured and fitted to the machine for testing
Keltech developed a full set of workable drawings. Mutually agreed final scope is then signed off and prototype is manufactured. Prototype fitted followed by final review, any amendments are then made and cabin is produced.
Benefit for the OEM
- The OEM exceeds customer expectations by supplying a uniquely tailored version of their sideloader model
- Option now becomes a “standard” allowing the OEM sell the concept to a larger customer base whom operate in similar conditions
- Cabin is supplied in integrated state and can be offered directly up to machine
- Cabin is in keeping with the brand and the machine achieves a modern look.
HYDRAULIC PERFORMANCE "WHEN LESS ACUTALLY MEANS MORE"
Launched in 2015, the KT360 Fluid Dynamics department is situated on site at Keltech. This customer centric engineering team has been created in response to market demand for the pursuit of efficiency and performance in Fuel and Hydraulic systems. Through years of experience and research, the team have developed best in class approaches. In doing so, KT360 Fluid Dynamics have enabled Keltech to become the partner of choice for renowned OEMs throughout the world.
Tank Case Study
Supply washed tanks free from internal harmful contaminants which have the potential to seriously harm modern fuel and hydraulic systems.
Selwood Case Study
Moving from an old welded design of Canopy unit to a modular panelled unit , powder coated and easy to assemble using modern materials and processes.